DanZQuest January 2021 Newsletter
Welcome back to dance!!
DanZQuest in person classes start back on Monday January 4th. Masks will be required for all students and staff members. For safety reasons, the DanZQuest lobby will remain closed at this time. Students and staff members will ONLY be allowed in the studio.
Students entering and exiting the studio for dance classes:
Studio 1 classes will enter and exit through the outside lobby door. Studio 2 classes will enter and exit through the outside door of the studio 2. Parents are asked to wait with students in the car until a DanZQuest staff member comes to the door to get the students for class. Students will be accompanied by a DanZQuest staff member back to the door once class is over. Parents will need to wait in front of their car for students to return.
Please review our COVID-19 guidelines at bottom of this page.
Upcoming dates to remember:
January 1st - January tuition is due and is late after the 10th. A late fee will be applied to your account per our policy. Payments can be made on our website ($2.00 processing fee will need to be applied per transaction), mailed to the studio or call into the studio during normal business hours to pay over the phone.
January 9th & 28th – All company extra practice and parent meeting. View schedule below.
Week of January 11th – “How COVID-19 Stole the DanZQuest Christmas Show”. Students will be perform their Christmas dances/company dances during their class day/time. Two family members are allowed per student to attend. Please review our COVID-19 guidelines at the bottom of the page.
January 14th - Believe competition fees are due. Students have a credit from this competition from the 2019-2020 season. All credits will be emailed out by January 8th.
January 18th – DanZQuest will be closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr holiday.
January 9th & January 30th - All company practice
8:00–9:30 - ALL hip hop company students
9:30–11:30 – ALL clogging company students
11:30-12:30 – Parent meeting January 9th ONLY (make up, hair costume requirements & accessories will be discussed). Meeting will be held outside weather permitting. Please dress warm.
12:00– 2:00 – Teen tap/jazz company students
2:00 - 3:30 – Junior tap/jazz company students
It has been so good to see all the students and parents back at the studio. Our studio rooms have been filled with excited teachers, happy dancers, laughter and smiles. The DanZQuest staff and I are happy to be back and we are looking forward to providing dance lessons in a safe and clean environment this season!! DanZQuest will be taking all precautions to ensure everyone’s safety while taking dance lessons with us. We do need your help with following our policy and CDC guidelines with COVID-19. We will adhere to the following guidelines below. Please make sure you read these.
Effective 11/25 ; per Governor Cooper's orders I am to close all common seating areas. We are to follow the guidelines on gyms/yoga studios.
No parents, guests or siblings, or family members will be allowed in the studio or lobby:, lobby will be closed until further notice. Only students and staff will be allowed in the studio. Studio #1 students will enter/exit through the lobby. Studio #2 students will enter/exit through studio #2 outside door. Parents with dancers ages 2-11 are asked to wait in front of their car with students until a staff member comes to the door to get them for class. Parents with dancers ages 2-11 are asked to wait in their car while class is going on. Parents are asked to wait in front of their car when class is over and students will be dismissed back to you. Students over the age of 12 are asked to wait on the sidewalk six feet apart until a staff member comes and students will need to be picked up promptly after class.
Students will need to limit personal items brought into the studio; bring a small dance bag with only essentials. Students will need to arrive with dance attire on and shoes on their feet. Parents please disinfect dance shoes with Lysol spray before bringing students to class.
1. NO parents in the lobby until further notice!
2. Studio 1 students will enter studio 1 using the outside door, studio 2 students will enter using outside door of room. Each student should sanitize when entering and exiting the building and all students will have a temperature check upon arrival before class starts. Students should come dressed and ready for class with a bag for shoes and water or water bottle. NO bare feet and NO changing in the bathroom.
3. NO hugging or high fives and classes will have 6 feet apart squares for dancing.
4. NO more than 9 students for studio 1 classes and NO more than 13 students for studio 2 classes
5. Outside door will open several times to ensure fresh air and studio fans will run the entire class time.
6. Studio rooms will be sanitized prior to each class and in between classes.
7. Face masks are required for any student or adult entering / exiting the building for ages 5 and up. Face masks are optional for dance class.
8. Students are NOT allowed to attend dance classes if they have any of the following; stomach ache, colds, sore throat and any flu like symptoms. If a student is being tested for COVID-19 please email Tanya Evers to let me know.
9. If a student or teacher test positive for COVID-19, the studio will be closed for 24-48 hours to properly clean and sanitize and then reopen. If a student or parent who has been in DanZQuest comes in contact with anyone who tests positive for COVID-19, they WILL NOT be allowed to return for 14 days, per our DanZQuest policy and CDC current guidelines.