DanZQuest COVID-19 guidelines
It has been so good to see all the students and parents back at the studio. Our studio rooms have been filled with excited teachers, happy dancers, laughter and smiles. The DanZQuest staff and I are happy to be back and we are looking forward to providing dance lessons in a safe and clean environment this season!! DanZQuest will be taking all precautions to ensure everyone’s safety while taking dance lessons with us. We do need your help with following our policy and CDC guidelines with COVID-19. We will adhere to the following guidelines below.
DanZQuest lobby & Mask update - 5/17/2021
I am aware that the mask mandate has been removed and with that announcement comes the question about wearing masks in the studio and for dance classes.
Before I share what we will be doing, I want to sincerely thank you all for being so patient with the DanZQuest lobby being closed. We had to make decisions with information we were given and I am so proud of how our DanZQuest students and families responded. Our willingness to all wear masks and work together, so we could be back in the studio in the safest way possible has allowed us to get through this difficult dance season.
We will no longer be requiring masks (per CDC recommendations) at DanZQuest. However, I recognize that some individuals will feel more comfortable wearing masks and that is completely fine. It will take time for all of us to adjust to a world without masks. I ask that we not make this about our position on vaccines or masks or any ways that could threaten to divide us. We have all done so well through this difficult time and I want to continue to keep moving forward. Our DanZQuest lobby will open up to parents starting today Monday May 17th. We ask that all individuals sanitize entering / exiting the studio and continue to practice social distancing. We will continue to sanitize between all dance classes and the lobby. All individuals MUST clear the lobby promptly the last 5 minutes of each class so we can properly sanitize. Dance classes will continue to practice social distancing.
Students will need to limit personal items brought into the studio; bring a small dance bag with only essentials including water/water bottle. Water is available for purchase in the lobby for $0.75. Students will need to arrive with dance attire on and shoes on their feet or be able to put shoes on in the lobby by their self. Parents’, please disinfect dance shoes with Lysol spray before bringing students to class. Students should not be dropped off early for class and should be picked up promptly after class. The lobby is being sanitized/cleaned between classes.
1. Studio #1 students will enter/exit through the lobby. Studio #2 students will enter/exit through studio #2 outside door. Each student will sanitize when entering/exiting the building. Students will have a temperature check upon arrival. No temperature over 100.4. Parents with dancers ages 2-11 are asked to wait in front of their car with students until a DanZQuest staff member comes to the door to get them for class. Parents with dancers ages 2-11 are asked to wait in their car while class is going on. Parents are asked to wait in front of their car when class is over, and students will be dismissed back to you. Students over the age of 12 are asked to wait on the sidewalk six feet apart until a staff member comes and students will need to be picked up promptly after class.
2. NO hugging or high fives. Classes will continue to have 6 feet apart squares for dancing and to practice social distancing.
3. Outside door will open several times to ensure fresh air and studio fans will run the entire class time.
4. Studio rooms will be sanitized prior to each class and in between classes as well as the lobby area. All classes will let out 5 minutes early to sanitize and clean. Students should not arrive early for class. Students will not be allowed to wait in the lobby.
5. Face masks are not required for any DanZQuest staff member, student or adult entering/exiting the building effective 5/17/2021.
6. Students are NOT allowed to attend dance classes if they have any of the following: stomach ache, colds, sore throat, fever, chills, coughing, shortness of breath, any flu like symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 or higher. If a student is being tested for COVID-19 or has COVID-19, please email Tanya Evers ASAP to let me know.
7. If a student or teacher test positive for COVID-19, the studio will be closed for 24-48 hours to properly clean and sanitize and then reopen. If a student or parent who has been in DanZQuest comes in contact with anyone who tests positive for COVID-19, or a student test positive for COVID-19 they WILL NOT be allowed to return for 14 days, per our DanZQuest policy and CDC current guidelines.
Update on 05/17/2021