DanZQuest COVID-19 guidelines for studio lobby and dance classes
It has been so good to see all the students and parents back at the studio. Our studio rooms have been filled with excited teachers, happy dancers, laughter and smiles. The DanZQuest staff and I are happy to be back and we are looking forward to providing dance lessons in a safe and clean environment for our 20th dance season!! DanZQuest will be taking all precautions to ensure everyone’s safety. We do need your help with following our policy and CDC guidelines with COVID-19. We will adhere to the following guidelines below.
The DanZQuest lobby will be closed the month of January and February due to the rise in COVID cases. - 1/28/2022. The lobby will open back up on March 1st.
DanZQuest lobby & mask update - 11/21/2021
Effective November 11, 2021 - masks will not be required for students or individuals entering the studio per the CDC guidelines. All dance classes will let out 5 minutes early to ensure proper sanitizing and cleaning in between classes. I recommend that students and parents continue to practice social distancing when in the studio lobby / studio room and sanitize when entering and exiting the studio.
Students will need to limit personal items brought into the studio; bring a small dance bag with only essentials including water/water bottle. Water is available for purchase in the lobby for $0.75. Students will need to arrive with dance attire on and shoes on their feet or be able to put shoes on in the lobby by their self. Parents’, please disinfect dance shoes with Lysol spray before bringing students to class. Students should not be dropped off early for class and should be picked up promptly after class. The lobby is being sanitized/cleaned between classes.
1. NO fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, flu like symptoms, headache or body aches.
2. NO hugging or high fives. Classes will continue to practice social distancing.
3. Outside door will open several times to ensure fresh air and studio fans will run the entire class time.
4. Studio rooms will be sanitized prior to each class and in between classes as well as the lobby area. All classes will let out 5 minutes early to sanitize and clean. Students should not arrive early for class. Students will not be allowed to wait in the lobby.
5. Face masks are not required for any DanZQuest staff member, student or individual entering/exiting the building while in the studio lobby and studio dance rooms.
6. Students are NOT allowed to attend dance classes if they have any of the following: stomach ache, colds, sore throat, fever, chills, coughing, shortness of breath, any flu like symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 or higher. If a student is being tested for COVID-19 or has COVID-19, please email Tanya Evers ASAP to let me know.
7. If a student or teacher test positive for COVID-19, the studio will be closed for 24-48 hours to properly to clean and sanitize and then reopen. If a student or parent who has been in DanZQuest comes in contact with anyone who tests positive for COVID-19, they should not return to the studio until they have been tested 3-5 days after exposure and results are negative. If a DanZQuest staff member or student test positive for COVID-19 they WILL NOT be allowed to return for 5 days. (this is from the day of testing positive). As of December 27th, 2021, according to the CDC, "people with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting others". No tuition money or recital fees will be refunded or credited if we have to shut down or cancel a performance due to COVID-19.
Update on 12/27/2021