DanZQuest COVID-19 guidelines for studio lobby and dance classes
It has been so good to see all the students and parents back at the studio. Our studio rooms have been filled with excited teachers, happy dancers, laughter and smiles. The DanZQuest staff and I are happy to be back and we are looking forward to providing dance lessons in a safe and clean environment for our 20th dance season!! DanZQuest will be taking all precautions to ensure everyone’s safety. We do need your help with following our policy and CDC guidelines with COVID-19. We will adhere to the following guidelines below.
DanZQuest lobby & mask update - 08/23/2021
Effective August 23, 2021 - masks will be required for ages two and up per the CDC guidelines to enter the studio. Students will receive mask breaks during their class time and will be allowed to step outside for fresh air. Please make sure all students have a comfortable and breathable mask. All dance classes will let out 5 minutes early to ensure proper sanitizing and cleaning in between classes. I recommend that students and parents continue to practice social distancing when in the studio lobby / studio room and sanitize when entering and exiting the studio.
Students will need to limit personal items brought into the studio; bring a small dance bag with only essentials including water/water bottle. Water is available for purchase in the lobby for $0.75. Students will need to arrive with dance attire on and shoes on their feet or be able to put shoes on in the lobby by their self. Parents’, please disinfect dance shoes with Lysol spray before bringing students to class. Students should not be dropped off early for class and should be picked up promptly after class. The lobby is being sanitized/cleaned between classes.
1. NO fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, flu like symptoms, headache or body aches.
2. NO hugging or high fives. Classes will continue to have 6 feet apart squares for dancing and to practice social distancing.
3. Outside door will open several times to ensure fresh air and studio fans will run the entire class time.
4. Studio rooms will be sanitized prior to each class and in between classes as well as the lobby area. All classes will let out 5 minutes early to sanitize and clean. Students should not arrive early for class. Students will not be allowed to wait in the lobby.
5. Face masks are required for any DanZQuest staff member, student or adult entering/exiting the building while in the studio lobby and studio dance rooms. This applies to ages 2 years old and up effective 08/23/2021.
6. Students are NOT allowed to attend dance classes if they have any of the following: stomach ache, colds, sore throat, fever, chills, coughing, shortness of breath, any flu like symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 or higher. If a student is being tested for COVID-19 or has COVID-19, please email Tanya Evers ASAP to let me know.
7. If a student or teacher test positive for COVID-19, the studio will be closed for 24-48 hours to properly to clean and sanitize and then reopen. If a student or parent who has been in DanZQuest comes in contact with anyone who tests positive for COVID-19, they should not return to the studio until they have been tested 3-5 days after exposure and results are negative. If a DanZQuest staff member or student test positive for COVID-19 they WILL NOT be allowed to return for 14 days starting day 1 of the positive test results per our DanZQuest policy.
Update on 08/19/2021